MET’s testing of telecommunications equipment began long before the first IEEE 802.11 committee was formed. Today, MET is a pioneer in the evaluation and testing of cutting-edge wireless technologies, including Wi-Fi products.
MET is a Wi-Fi Alliance Authorized Test Laboratory, providing testing services compliant with the Wi-Fi Alliance® test plans and offering pre-certification and certification testing for 802.11 wireless devices.
MET offers pre-certification and official certification testing of the following Wi-Fi test plans.
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED n: Supports the IEEE 802.11n ratified standard. This test program also includes Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) testing.
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED ac: The first generation of Wi-Fi that can deliver up to gigabit per second data rates. Based on IEEE 802.11ac, this program requires devices to successfully pass all certified n tests.
- Interoperable connectivity: Wi-Fi CERTIFIED a in 5 GHz and Wi-Fi CERTIFIED b/g in 2.4 GHz
- WPA2™ (Wi-Fi Protected Access 2): Wi-Fi wireless network security – offer government-grade security mechanisms for personal and enterprise
- WMM® (Wi-Fi Multimedia™): Support for multimedia content over Wi-Fi networks enabling Wi-Fi networks to prioritize traffic generated by different applications using Quality of Service (QoS) mechanisms.
Our services cover these 802.11 wireless devices:
- Medical devices
- EN 300 328, EN 301 893
- FCC 47, CFR 15
- RSS 210